Tuesday, April 19, 2016

WWW Wednesday 4

This meme/link-up is hosted by Taking on a World of Words


What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading In the Country: Stories by Mia Alvar, though I haven't gotten past the first story yet. I'm also reading Noble House by James Clavell.


What did you recently finish reading?
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson was a really sweet love story, and in a way The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker was also a love story. Both were about Eastern cultures in the West (England and New York, respectively), and felt sort of like they tied in with last week's uncomfortable feelings about Ann Morgan. On the other hand, I also finished Tai-Pan by James Clavell, which was about the founding of the Hong Kong colony. It was very entertaining, and the vulgarity seemed period-appropriate.

What do you think you'll read next?
Honestly I just want to finish all the books I'm currently reading, but I'm also cramming for Captain America: Civil War. Not that I'm actually reading any of the comics, but I'm trying to find myself a nice deprogramming headcanon on AO3.

1 comment

  1. I'm glad you liked 'Major Pettigrew.' That one always looked like a good book club selection to me. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall