Wednesday, December 14, 2016

WWW Wednesday 16

This meme/link-up is hosted by Taking on a World of Words
What are you currently reading?

Returning to this link-up after two months feels like telling the priest it has been n days since my last confession. Haha. I seem to have misplaced Macarthur by Bob Ong, and I'm pretty sure The Passion of Mademoiselle S. is at the bottom of a tote bag somewhere.

What did you recently finish reading?
Since my last confession update I've read three more of the best books I've read this year. The first one is Dear Distance by Luis Joaquin Katigbak, a collection of 20 short stories filled with nostalgia and a little regret. I also loved The Elements of Style by Strunk, White, and Kalman, though I'm not sure if the guide would have had the same levity without those gorgeous illustrations. Now to apply those lessons in my writing. Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman was a short, beautiful book on different scenarios involving time.One of the blurbs called it "meditations on time," but to me it felt more like visualizing human nature or human responses to time. Nine Stories was my second try at J.D. Salinger, and I have to say, I still don't get it. 

What do you think you'll read next?
I've stopped setting goals for myself with regards to reading, at least until the end of 2016. I've already set aside a 2017 TBR, a very reasonable 8 books. 

1 comment

  1. I have Strunk and White on my shelf but mine isn't illustrated so I hope I can still enjoy it. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall