Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Annotated TBR #2

(I came across this idea on Badass Romance.)

I've been meaning to finish Captain Corelli's Mandolin since late 2014, and in June I decided to just give up on it. I wasn't particularly interested in what would happen to any of the characters, and though the setting was lovely and new to me, I was kind of sick of wartime novels. No take backs, too, since I gave away my copy last Wednesday.

From last month's TBR, I have to admit I didn't make any progress on the biographies of Roald Dahl and Marie Antoinette, or on Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, though I'm staying optimistic for this month.

For the long-distance book club we have book 3, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, and hopefully book 4, The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.

For my birthday treat to myself, I want to reread some old favorites, either The Reader by Bernhard Schlink, Inside Las Vegas by Mario Puzo, or Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I also want to read one of the books I bought in anticipation of my birthday, either Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini, Here by Richard McGuire, or Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson, which incidentally is on Ann Patchett's list of the 75 best books of the past 75 years. Other books I own from that list are The Once and Future King by T.H. White and The Secret History by Donna Tartt.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall