Tuesday, June 21, 2016

WWW Wednesday 9

This meme/link-up is hosted by Taking on a World of Words

What are you currently reading?
Still a little stuck on Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It's my first time reading someone else's footnotes, and it slows me down quite a bit. I like footnotes as a sort of literary device (The Bartimaeus Sequence, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell), but this is a new approach to me. Is it weird to treat book club reads as schoolwork? I feel like I need to take notes and prepare talking points.

What did you recently finish reading?
This week, I read the second half of the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. The King of Attolia was even better than the previous two books, and I swear A Conspiracy of Kings "taught" me more about politics than the entire ASoIaF series did. I also read the sequel to Crazy Rich Asians, which was China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan. The plot's a lot more dramatic and telenovela-esque, but I've learned to love well-executed telenovela plot twists since Jane the Virgin. I look forward to the next books in the series. 
What do you think you'll read next?
For now, I just want to finish Tender is the Night. I did go a little crazy in the bookstore last week, though, and I look forward to reading Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson and Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini, as well as a graphic novel I'm saving for my birthday.

3 comments

  1. I'm curious about Brown Girl Dreaming....enjoy! Here's my WWW WEDNESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Be More Chill a while back and really enjoying it. I hope my memory isn't clouded and you enjoy it as well. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentiment in the photo! So true. I think I bought Brown Girl Dreaming and it's on my shelf at home, but I can't remember. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall