Tuesday, March 29, 2016

WWW Wednesday 1

This meme/link-up is hosted by Taking on a World of Words, and I thought I'd give it a shot.

What are you currently reading?

I'm halfway through The World Between Two Covers by Ann Morgan, I can't speed-read it because every chapter makes me want to take copious notes and buy all the books mentioned. Another book I'm almost halfway through is The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. Meg Cabot's The Mediator series has been my go-to waiting/queuing e-book, and I'm on the fourth book in the series right now.

Last night I started reading my Puffin in Bloom edition of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, a childhood favorite and the first really nice edition I've decided to invest in, and this morning before breakfast I snuck a couple of pages of The Pedant's Return by Andrea Barham

What did you recently finish reading?

For half of last week I was in a small, sort of remote island with no data or Internet connection. I read Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, the movie of which I found adorably quirky; The Forest of the Pygmies by Isabel Allende, which is the final installment of a middle-grade trilogy; and One Plus One by Jojo Moyes, which managed to wring out more tears from me than Me Before You did. 

This week I finished Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes just in time to return it to the library; it's a foodie memoir that makes you want to visit Italy too and taste everything she described. I also finished the second and third books of The Mediator, which are really short (bitin) and meant to be serialized, I guess. Nora Ephron's I Remember Nothing: and Other Reflections was a bit of a struggle to read, but in the end I liked it better than I Feel Bad About My Neck. 

What do you think you'll read next?

I just borrowed The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai from the library, so that's what I'll be prioritizing. Aside from that, I'll be trying to finish all the books I'm currently reading. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall