Friday, February 3, 2017

Reading Local: The #BookbedReadsPHLit Challenge

Bookbed is a site/network of Filipino readers I joined early last year. As far as I know, this is the first reading challenge they've given out.


This year I read Alternative Alamat, edited by Paolo Chikiamco, a compilation of stories and illustrations based on Philippine mythology. Since more than one of the stories dealt with Philippine mythology in different historical periods, I think I'll use this book for any book about Philippine history.


I also read Shine by Candy Gourlay. I hope it's not too much of a spoiler to tag this for any book with Filipinos abroad, though it would probably also work for any book set in a Philippine province. 


This challenge has me excited. For the other categories, I'll probably have to go shopping a bit and browse through other people's recommendations. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall