Thursday, July 20, 2017

WWW Wednesday 18

This meme/link-up is hosted by Taking on a World of Words

What are you currently reading?
 I'm reading A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle for the first time and it already feels familiar, like Anastasia Krupnik or Little Women or any of my childhood favorites. 

What did you recently finish reading?
Since my last WWW Wednesday was months ago, I've just linked the books here  
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
What Things Mean by Sophia N. Lee
Found by Isa Garcia
Sula's Voyage by Catherine Torres
Anthem for Doomed Youth (Penguin Little Black Classic) by Wilfred Owen
I Shall Not Be Moved by Maya Angelou
Blue is the Warmest Color (graphic novel) by Julie Maroh - I haven't seen the movie, but I loved the aesthetic and the story of the book
Trese: Murder on Balete Drive (graphic novel) by Budjette Tan
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner - Each installment of this series catches me off guard
The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale - I thought Becky asked herself all the right questions, and that their relationship was better and lovelier than I'd expected
Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan
The Vegetarian by Han Kang
One Hundred Names for Love by Diane Ackerman - an interesting combination of neuroscience, grief, creative thinking, and obscure words. Some of my favorite names for love were She For Whom All Flowers Bloom Early, Inertia Canceled, and Foundling of the Here and Beyond.
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Smaller and Smaller Circles by F.H. Batacan - a detective/crime novel with a Jesuit forensic anthropologist racing to find a serial killer

What do you think you'll read next?
After A Wrinkle in Time I'm planning on reading Love Story by Erich Segal, which I stumbled upon in my local Little Free Library. I think I got the 1970 edition, which is pretty cool.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Someday this will be a book blog
Maira Gall